Caring for a parent or a family member at home may involve providing only minimal help or it could require 24-hour-a-day assistance. Receiving care at home allows people to get the help they need without having to leave familiar and safe surroundings.
When family, case managers, or social workers have made the decision that 24-hour care is the best solution, home care may be provided by a trained Live-in home care aide hired through an insured and bonded Home Care Agency (P.A.S. Licensed) to provide this quality care.
Benefits of Live-in home care include:
- Savings of as much as $100/day with live-in care vs. 24 hours of hourly care.
- Two aides are assigned to work per week i.e.; one may work 4 days and another 3 days as compared to 4-5 aides per week working 24 hourly care.
- Less anxiety for care recipient with live-in care due to fewer shift changes.
- Will provide the foundation for building a rewarding and close relationship.
- Enhancement of the care recipient’s lifestyle today will help meet their needs for tomorrow.
- Active listening and caring as well as individualized activity plans created.
- Overall difference of care in your or your loved one’s home.
A 24-hour Live-in home care aide provides primary home care services through hands-on care with all levels of transfers, toileting and incontinence care, tube feeding, bathing, grooming and dressing, meals and light housekeeping, transportation/errands, exercise assistance, medication programs, ambulatory supervision and fall prevention. The Live-in aide will be able to assist with other activities of daily life and will ensure that the care recipient remains socialized and connected to the people and places that matter to them. Social, mental and physical stimulation encourages involvement and the ability to continue to be independent when the activity is safe and improves quality of life.
The family must provide a safe sleeping environment and a place for the Live-in aides to keep personal items.