Private duty nursing allows your loved one to be cared for in their own home, even if they have complex medical needs. CareWorks has an exceptional team of caring health professionals to support both adults and seniors at home.
Skilled nursing care is typically prescribed by a physician based on the patient’s medical needs and is often part of a comprehensive treatment plan for individuals recovering from illnesses, injuries, or surgeries, or for those with chronic health conditions requiring ongoing medical supervision.
Benefits of private duty nursing include:
A private nurse can help your loved one at home when more advanced medical training is required beyond personal care.
- More than one client can receive services at a time.
- Clients can receive additional services such as a certified nursing assistant, occupational therapy, speech therapy, or physical therapy.
- Nurses can accompany pediatric patients to school or out in the community.
- Parents with nursing degrees can provide paid nursing care for their loved ones, including foster children.
- Private nurses can assist with managing and administering medication. They can also help you coordinate your care.
CareWorks’ Private Duty Nursing Services Include:
- Extended Hour Nursing Care (8-24 hours a day)
- Monitoring Vitals and nurses can change treatment plans accordingly or report information to your physician
- Pain Management in the form of both medication and non-pharmacological interventions
- Gastrostomy Tube (G-Tube) Care and Feeding
- Tracheostomy (Trach) Care and Management
- Ventilator (Vent) Management
- Oxygen Management
- Personal Care including bathing, daily hygiene, and support with activities of daily living
- Catheter Care
- Disease Management and Education
- Medication, IV, and Injection Management and Administration
- Wound Care and manage a wound vac if required
- Daily Head-Toe Assessment to check health status
Insurance for Private Duty Nursing
If you are worried about the cost of private home care, speak to your insurance company. Medicaid and most private health insurance will cover the cost of some private duty nursing services. You can find more about the various types of insurance and their coverage by clicking the links below:
- Private Insurance
Why trust CareWorks?
At CareWorks, we service both adult and senior clients. Our team of nurses is warmhearted and compassionate. CareWorks is Committed to understand family expectations, providing quality care and management support 24/7